Lodging – The Meet Hotel is the Little Switzerland Inn. 86 High Ridge Rd, Little Switzerland, NC 28749. FYI, Exit 334 off Blue Ridge Parkway
- Our hosts (Jim and Colette Clark) have negotiated an amazing discount for each room ($20 per night off their normal starting prices of $169 per night), so be sure to make your reservations online at switzerlandinn.com using the group number 998642439836795 for the discount. If you don’t use the group number, you won’t get the discount.
- It’s easy to book your room. Simply go to the Inn’s web site and click Book Now (yellow button in the upper right of the screen)
- Input 8 May as check in and 10 May as check out (unless you are arriving early or staying later!)
- Select Advanced Search, select I have a Group Number, enter the Group Number. Then hit GO.
- You’ll then be shown available room types and prices. Select more info and you’ll be given the opportunity to select that room type that you want.
Note: There is a ‘bug’ in the Switzerland Inn’s web site. The room choices, after acceptance of the group number, all show an occupant limit of 1; this is a program glitch – ignore it.
Hospitality Room – The Hospitality Room will be in Balsam Cottage. (Map of the grounds on the Inn’s website, if needed.) The hospitality room will be open:
- Friday: 4 – 6 and 7 – 10 PM
- Saturday: 4 – 6 and 7 – 10 PM
- Sunday: 8 – 9 AM
Activities – Friday Night Dinner is on your own. FYI, If you choose to eat at the Switzerland Inn’s restaurant anytime during your stay (other than Saturday Night) you must make your reservations at the Main Desk in the Lobby.
- 9 AM drive south on the Blue Ridge Parkway (BRP) 25 miles to the summit of Mt. Mitchell,
- 12 PM lunch at the Little Switzerland Inn
- 1:30 PM drive north on the Blue Ridge Parkway (BRP) 20 miles to Linville Gorge
- 6 PM dinner at the Inn in the”Chalet Restaurant” (FYI, Reservations for the entire MOGSouth Group have already been made. We’ll order off the menu and pay individually/charge to room.)
- After dinner gathering either on the “Terrace” or alternately in the “Lobby”, depending on the weather.
- 9 AM drive of the infamous DIAMONDBACK, which starts and ends at the Inn. This drive takes 30 minutes.