I suspect we are all getting a little anxious with our curtailed travel, lock downs and social distancing. Unfortunately, it makes the most sense to heed the warnings and abide by the guidelines of the CDC. I would like to say I have good news, but I can’t. We are optimistic but being realistic, we are still quite concerned.
The plan is to make a decision on 20 April, to stay the course or postpone our Spring Meet scheduled for 8 – 10 May, in Little Switzerland, NC.
This a full week before our hotel rooms at the Switzerland Inn have to be cancelled without incurring any financial liability. (If we do cancel be sure to call and cancel your individual reservation to preclude getting charged.)
There seems to be some good news coming from various locations, re: the virus, but it is all very difficult to predict. North Carolina has recently mandated the closure of restaurants and hotels in the vicinity of Little Switzerland, and reemphasized the 10 person limitation for non-essential gatherings. This doesn’t bode well for us, even though we are still a good six weeks away. We know folks have made significant personal and financial investments in our current dates so a measured decision is fully warranted. Again, at this point, we need to give it a little more time.