(Update as of 7 June 2020)
The 2020 MOGSouth Fall Meet’s Headquarters Hotel is the Travelers Hotel in Clarksdale, MS, 212 Third Street, Clarksdale, MS 38614, (662) 483-0693, email: email@example.com web site: https://www.stayattravelers.com/ The contact people are Ann Williams or Chuck Rutledge, and you can reach them at (662) 483-0693.
Please note that at The Travelers Hotel, the MOGSOUTH code is ONLY VALID when you book through the website, in person, or over the phone. It will not work if someone tries to reserve a room through a booking channel like Expedia or Booking.com.
A second location, just around the corner, with additional lodging is the Ground Zero Blues Club, Clarksdale, MS, 387 Delta Avenue, Clarksdale, MS 38614, For Hotel Accommodations at the Ground Zero Blues Club, Please Call Stacy Stanberry. Her number is 1-662-719-7050. Please call her first. If, and only if, you cannot contact Stacy, call Tameal at 1-662-621-9009. Tameal is the manager and she really doesn’t handle reservations unless Stacy is unavailable. Web Site: https://www.groundzerobluesclub.com/
Please look at the various location’s web sites to determine which facility is best for you. Note the MOGSouth Hospitality Suite will be in the Morgan Freeman Room of the Ground Zero Blues Club. Also, On Halloween night, there will be a costume party at Ground Zero, and there will be terrific music. It should be a really wonderful experience.
If you want another blues experience, Red’s in Clarksdale is your best bet. Other recommended eating spots are Grandma’s Pancake House and Stone Pony Pizza.
The cut-off date to book rooms (at either Ground Zero or The Travelers) at the MOGSouth rate for October 30 and 31st, 2020 is September 18, 2020.
Make reservations now even if there is a possibility you will have a conflict. If you find that you cannot make the trip, you will still have plenty of time to cancel. Be advised, there are a limited number of rooms at both hotels, so please go ahead and make reservations now.
Simply mention you are with MOGSouth to get the discounted rate.
OTHER RELEVANT WEBSITES and ADDRESSES
- Hooker’s Grocery & Eatery: www.hookergrocer.com
- The Grammy Museum: www.grammymuseumms.org
- The B. B. King Museum: www.bbkingmuseum.org
- The Delta Blues Museum: www.deltabluesmuseum.org
- Peter’s Pottery (Mound Bayou, MS): www.peters-pottery.net
- McCarty Pottery (Merigold, MS): www.mccartyspottery.com
- Square Books (Oxford, MS): www.squarebooks.com
- Rowan Oak (Faulkner’s Home, Oxford, MS): www.rowanoak.com
- The Elvis Presley Museum (Tupelo, MS): elvispresleymuseum.com
- Stone Poney Pizza: 226 Delta Avenue, Clarksdale, MS, 662-624-7669
- Red’s Blues Club: 398 Sunflower Avenue, Clarksdale, MS, 662-627-3166
- Graceland (Memphis, TN): graceland.com