Well, we tried and held out as long as we thought prudent.
Bottom Line: the decision has been made to cancel the May 8-10, 2020 MOGSouth Spring Meet in Little Switzerland, North Carolina.
Things are moving quickly in NC. Effective tomorrow (30 March) NC is under a “Stay at Home” order. Travel is limited to specific purposes with stiff penalties violations ($1000 and 60 days in jail.) Although the Blue Ridge Parkway is still accessible (but for how long?) the other two drive locations, Mt Mitchell and Linville Falls have been closed.
Our Meet Hotel, the Switzerland Inn has yet to close, however the closures of lodging is accelerating. Mitchell County (where the Switzerland Inn in located) has issued a voluntary order for lodging closure with a threat to make it non-voluntary.
Given all this, we will attempt to negotiate with the Inn and others to find a suitable date in May of next year (2021) so we salvage as much of the planning efforts of Jim and Collette Clark that we can.
ACTION REQUIRED: If you planned on attending this meet and have made reservations at the Switzerland Inn, you need to contact the hotel and cancel your reservations. Also if, like some of the Florida folks, you had hotel reservations at any intermediate stops along the way, you need to cancel these as well.If you have questions, send us an email at MOGSouth@yahoo.com. Mark