Your planning committee is pleased to announce that we have added an extra
day to the Fall Meet this year! Thursday, Sept. 29th is the optional 3rd day to
explore the Cartersville, Georgia area on your own or with your Morgan
friends. You will receive the same reduced rate at our host hotel, plus we will
be ready to assist you with suggestions & brochures so you can make the most
of your add’l day.
Thursday ~ 9/29: Depending on your arrival time “Early Birds” can explore Cartersville’s award winning
museums, restaurants & tourist attractions during a less busy weekday. We will also have sample menus for some of
the best nearby restaurants. Check-in time at our host hotel is 3:00 so please advise us of your earlier ETA so we
can plan to meet you at Gary’s shop (1.6 miles from the hotel). Light refreshments will be available at the home of
Gary & Judy Heck beginning at 4 then we’ll head out for dinner around 6.
Friday ~ 9/30: Explore the many tourist attractions in our area including:
- The Booth Museum – Contemporary Western art, Civil War art, Cowboys & Native American artifacts,
Presidential letters & so much more.
- Tellius Science Museum – Planetarium show every 45 mins, Gems & minerals, Hands on fossil dig, Science-in-
motion gallery, dinosaurs, plus more displayed in 120,000 sq ft.
- Kennesaw Mountain Nat’l Battlefield Park & Civil War Museum – 2,965 acre national battlefield that preserves the
battleground of the Atlanta Campaign.
- Red Top Mountain State Park – 12 miles of very well marked hiking trails many with views of Lake Allatoona.
- Barnsley Gardens – A luxury resort (15 miles from the hotel) on 3,300 acres that features the ruins of an 1840s
Manor House, centuries old gardens, horseback riding, champion golf course, the Woodlands Grill or an
outdoor Beer Garden for lunch.
- Shopping in the unique boutiques, antique shops and locally owned gift shops downtown.
- Noggin with hors d’oeuvres at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel prior to dinner on your own in Cartersville
Saturday ~ 10/01: Beginning at 9:00 AM ~ Scenic drive to Ellijay at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains
for apple picking in an orchard (or purchasing them at The Apple Barn), exploring the downtown area & lunch at a
restaurant TBA. On the way there we will stop for a visit at the 220-acre world-class Gibbs Gardens (47 miles
from the hotel) & a group photo opportunity. Upon our return to Cartersville At Approximately 2:30 we will
tour the brand new (soon-to-be Smithsonian Affiliated) Savoy Automobile Museum just .7 miles from our hotel.
At 5:00 Happy Hour will begin in Gary’s shop where his Classic Car Collection is on display. Rosie will provide a shuttle for anyone desiring a ride from the hotel to the shop. At 6:00 A wonderful 3 entree catered buffet dinner will be served with Golden Oldies music provided by Jim McCartney for your listening enjoyment & Sock
Hop Dancing afterwards for those who are Young at Heart ~ 50’s Style Dress is Encouraged!
The link to book using our group rate is: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1644268467465&key=GRP&app=resvlink
Co-Hosts for the Meet Are:
Judy Heck 404-24-0948
Gary Heck 770-595-8846
Rosie Miller 256-683-9294
Brian Miller 256-683-9417
Host Hotel: The Courtyard Marriott
5460 Georgia Highway 20
Cartersville, GA 30121
Gary’s Shop Address:
97 Wansley Drive
Cartersville, GA 30120
Gary & Judy’s Home Address:
224 Old Dallas Road SW
Cartersville, GA 30120