We certainly didn’t want all the great work that Glenn and Dorothy Moore did for the 2018 Fall Meet to go to waste, so we have recycled it for the 2019 Spring Meet. (You will remember that we unfortunately had to cancel the 2018 Fall Meet due to Hurricane Florence.)
The meet will be in Augusta GA, just as before, and the Meet Hotel will be the Partridge Inn, 2110 Walton Way, Augusta GA 30904. (Tel. 706-737-8888)
The 2019 Spring Meet will be Friday (17 May) through Sunday (19 May).
FIRST THINGS FIRST, MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS!
The Hotel is ready for us. They are holding rooms for MOGSouth until APRIL 16TH . . . so please make your reservations now to be guaranteed the great rates! Guests need to call the Partridge Inn directly (706-737-8888) for their reservations and use the ‘MOGSouth’ group name.
This rate includes breakfast for either a single person or a couple in the room. Standard Rooms are $139.00 per night, Suites are $149.00 and rooms with Balconies at $159.00.
The Partridge Inn is an historic southern style and quaint hotel, but now in the hands of Hilton and is efficient, clean and well-managed.
It has a roof-top bar that overlooks the city and balcony rooms that overlook the beautiful pool and lounging area.
NOW A FEW MORE THINGS – Dorothy Needs to Know the following information for the Hotel, the Restaurant, the Hospitality Suite, etc.
Please send her an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-513-2931, (c) 404-678-4236.
__(Check Mark for Yes) Staying at The Partridge Inn, 2110 Walton Way, Augusta GA 30904 – 706-737-8888
__(Check Mark for Yes) No hotel needed, NOT staying at the Partridge INN, but attending the Fall Meet
__(Check Mark for Yes) Bringing a Morgan
(If Yes) Year ________Model__________Color____________
__ Number of People for Dinner Saturday evening at The Cucina 503
DETAILED 2019 SPRING MEET ITINERARY
(Note: Things always seem to change, so stay flexible as we work through the details.)
Hotel Arrival – The Partridge Inn, 2110 Walton Way, Augusta GA 30904
- Registration/Check-In 3:00 PM
- Parking – Lower Level of Parking Garage
Hospitality Room – The Cigar Bar – First Floor of Hotel (opens at 3:00 pm) No smoking allowed!!!
Dinner Options – (FYI, if not driving, book the Hotel shuttle)
- Partridge Inn Bar and Grille with live local Jazz (second floor)
- Raes Coastal Café (Mark Braunstein recommends)
- Finch and Fifth Charcuterie
- Ephesus Restaurant (Mediterranean)
- Whiskey Bar Kitchen (Japanese and Burgers)
Evening Activities in Augusta
- Hotel’s Cigar Bar (Hospitality Room) open until 10 PM
- Hotel’s Roof Top Lounge open until 10 PM
Breakfast – 6-10 AM, included with your Partridge Inn Room
9:15 AM – ‘Group Photo’ on stairs at Inn Front Patio
9:30 AM – Depart for Washington, GA
- Travel over the bridge at Clark Hill Lake
- Travel through Lincolnton, GA
- Rest Stop in Lincolnton (if needed)
11:15 AM Lunch Options
- The Hot Box Food Truck 20R West Robert Toombs Ave open 11-9 Washington, GA..alfresco dining deck 706-678-4269 please park your Morgans together for photos, Restrooms available
- The Square Café 22 W Square 706-678-5908 open 11-3
- The Jockey Club 10 W Public Square 706-678-1672 open 10-2
- Cade’s Home Cooking 9 E Square 706-678-5586
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM – Jones Auto Museum (TBD)
12:00 PM until whenever – if not going to Auto Museum
- Stay and see Historic Washington’s museums or just drive and/or walk the town
- History Was Made Here! Three Beautifully restored house museums and library along with the Revolutionary Battlefield at Kettle Creek share the tales of this small city with a big history, one filled with legendary feats, prominent families, and innovative discoveries.
- Though Washington is proud of their history, their present has just as much to offer. Historic downtown Washington is filled with businesses offering a variety of unique shopping, delicious food, and convenient service options.
- Washington was briefly the State Capital of GA and is the place where the Confederacy voted to dissolve itself.
- Highlights – The Washington Historical Museum open 10 – 5 PM, The Robert Toombs House open 10-5 PM, The Callaway Plantation open 10-5 PM, The Fitzpatrick Hotel
- Washington Plantation B & B, Campbell – Jordan House, Bolton – Green Plantation and the Water Street Homes
Afternoon in Augusta
- Canal Boat Tours
- The RiverWalk along the Savannah River
- The Augusta Commons
- Broad Street Park
- SouthStar Trolley Tours
- Hotel’s Cigar Bar (Hospitality Room) open at 3:00 PM
- 6:30 PM – Dinner at Cucina 503 (TBD), 502 Fury’s Ferry Road Suite 503, 762-994-0142, private dining room, full menu, separate checks, if not driving please book the shuttle in advance
- 18 minutes from the Inn; 7.43 miles
Evening Activities in Augusta (after dinner)
- Hotel’s Cigar Bar (Hospitality Room) open until 10:00 PM
- Hotel’s Roof Top Lounge open until 10:00 PM
- Breakfast from 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM included with room
- Spring Meet adjourned, check out time is 11:00 AM
- Stay and see Augusta’s Broad Street downtown and maybe ride the Canal Boats or walk the Riverwalk
Looking forward to seeing you all at The Partridge Inn!!